torsdag 3 september 2009

A Chasm of Impossibility

A Chasm of Impossibility

Hebrews 11:8-10
8 It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. 9 And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith - for he was like a foreigner, living in a tent. And so did Isaac and Jacob, to whom God gave the same promise. 10 Abraham did this because he was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God. NLT

Vision:
I walked up to a huge chasm, similar to the Grand Canyon. As I stood there, I began to pace back and forth with a divine tension in me. It was not frustration, anger, fear or anxiety that I saw within me but a divine tension from God. He was watching me pace back and forth as I looked across this grand chasm. I saw a city in the distance on the other side and I knew that I had to get there. I knew it was something that I had been looking for my whole life. Yet I had no ability or strength or wisdom to get there to the other side. It was impossible to cross this CHASM OF IMPOSSIBILTY that was right before me.

I paced and talked to God. The divine tension increased in me because I knew that as much as I wanted to go to the other side, the only ONE who could get me there was God Himself. I was out of good ideas, tired of man's wisdom and without any strength left to stir anything up in myself to determine how to cross to the other side. Suddenly I saw these words in front of me:

Matthew 19:26
26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." NKJV

These words took the form of spiritual reality as I looked at the words and meditated on them. They took form in midair and in that form, they became reality to me as I reached for them and received them into myself. They formed faith in me to believe that nothing is impossible with God. Nothing is impossible with God. Nothing.

Suddenly before me there was a path - an excellent way that seemed to roll out from where I was standing. It began to unfold before me as a BRIDGE OF FAITH crossing a CHASM OF IMPOSSIBILITY. This bridge crossed over this chasm and presented itself as the only way to get across it. This bridge comes by faith from the hand of God when we truly believe that there is NO WAY that we can get to where we desire to BE unless God opens up the way by His hand and His hand alone. End of Vision

We have come to a place and now there is no way to get to where we desire to go unless God unfolds His excellent path before us to cross over. We are crossing over our defeat, our failures, our pain, our struggles and our trials. They all clearly are deep and imbedded in us but by faith we let them go to cross over in faith to the other side. Divine tension has led us to the brink of a precipice that is so deep and so wide. We have looked down and knew that we could not stay where we were but we could not get to the other side. It has been God's intention that we come to this place. We have come to the end of ourselves and in this coming season we are crossing over to a new place. We will not continue to wander but will walk to that city whose builder and maker is God on the other side.

He has the plans for the journey as we step out on this Bridge of Faith to simply follow where He leads. We have looked at our pride, our inability, our fears, our insecurities and so much else. The enemy has lied to many of us saying that we will never make it and the Lord has brought us so far to leave us at the brink, only to look down at our failures. But God has a better way before us.

By faith we walk forth to that which calls us. We have no particular plan at this point and have no great wisdom within ourselves. We have only Him to follow as He leads us forth in precision and accuracy. We simply follow Him, walking over our chasm of impossibility to the other side. What awaits us there is yet to be seen and yet to come for we simply follow. We walk forward in the power of the Kingdom to that city that awaits us.

Hebrews 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. NKJV

John 12:25-26
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. NKJV

Matthew 10:38-39
38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. NKJV

In Christ

Debra & Marvin Westbrook
Rivers of Eden

riversofeden1@yahoo.com

Inga kommentarer: